Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Gsd6000 doesn't spray. Unit not used weeks, return from

Customer Question

gsd6000 doesn't spray. Unit not used for 5 weeks, return from vacation doesn't spray. Hear water coming in then drain, but no action from spray arms
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like your circulation pump has seized up from sitting for too long. You can remove the circulation pump and try to spin the impeller to break it free. If that doesn't work the circulation pump and motor will need to be replaced so below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. There is a video at the bottom of the link to show you how to remove the circulation pump and replace it. CLICK HERE for circulation pump and motor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will adding white vinegar or CLR to the tub help free up the pump impella
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Never use CLR in the dishwasher. You can try to put white vinegar and boiling water and see if that works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks ill try that before attempting to remove the pump
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright good luck to you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?