Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator it collecting

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator it collecting water in the bottom of the freezer. the freezer gasket is sealing the drain tub is open as far as I can see I put a screw driver up it as far as it would go. the frig is running fine I just get this frozen water that has to be removed every week.? help Model #795.71032.010 ser #109MRAQ00784
Thanks,***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The water only comes from the drain line so unfortunately even though the drain appears to be open, it's not. You'll want to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer to see the drain hose. Use a hair dryer and thaw all the frost out, then shoot hot water down the drain hole with a turkey baster. Blow the drain hole out with compressed air once the ice is thawed out and then the unit should be good to go again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?