Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a splendide washer in my rv. I got an f-15 alert.

Customer Question

I have a splendide washer in my rv. I got an f-15 alert. What could be my problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the F5 usually indicates a clogged drain pump filter. It can indicate a faulty pressure switch as well but 99% of the time it's the filter or pump.
In the lower right corner is a small clean out. have a couple towels handy when you twist the cap off. Whatever water is inside will come out. A wet/dry shop vac and some towels is what we use. Clean the small filter that slides out with the cap. If the filter is clean, check the impeller on the pump for blockages. If the filter is clean, and the pump is running, the pressure switch is going to be the issue.
The pressure switch is the tan/brown circular piece with the hose attached to it. Take the small hose off and blow through it towards the tub. If the hose is clear, replace the switch.
Usually the pumps filter is what causes this issue. Check that first I'm hoping it just needs to be cleaned out.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you