Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Maytag dishwasher 10 years old took off all the filters and

Customer Question

maytag dishwasher 10 years old took off all the filters and plastic covers from bottom of machine i have a smooth circle top of the motor with the blade still on and there are two spots in the well that goes around the circle one is the drain for the water the other is my question it is a smooth like a button about that size but some sticks up i found metal shavings in the well that it sits in what is it
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** iam happy to help you with your question today..that is the turbidity sensor with the two prongs sticking up ,it senses the dirt in the water ,was it acting up or were just cleaning out the system ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** one question. It was acting up by making a strange noise during wash cycle. Wonder where to look for water coming up to turn the arms. I don't see the water so I think that is where it is plugged?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
if you had weird noise most likely something hard got stuck in that impeller housing and was hitting on the blade , if the blade has a scoured up look ?it was hitting on something? that is what normally happens ,cleaning it all up and reassembling it all usually fixes it ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need a special tool to remove the blade?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
blade just lifts off the motor shaft ,if you have it open ?there are just torx screws holding everything down