Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have haier dishwasher model HDW101WH and when I go to trouble

Customer Question

I have haier dishwasher model HDW101WH and when I go to trouble shoot they say no such model . It appears to me the shut off valve may have a fault as it runs water continuously . The dail does not appear to move around which I presume may come ok when the valve is fixed . Can you help (###) ###-#### *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the solenoid is going to be the culprit for sure. The small piece inside is stuck in the up position. You may be able to fix it without changing the part.
Unplug the unit and turn the water off to it. Remove the valve and take the four screws out of the valve. It will come apart. Sometimes small piece of sediment will get stuck under the diaphragm and cause this. Hopefully that fixes the issue for sure.
If the valve is still stuck open, it will need to be replaced. Unfortunately, you will need to talk to the manufacture during normal business hours. They have a parts department and will be able to send the part out ASAP if need be.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you