Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kenmore Model(###) ###-#### ***** got back in town

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Kenmore Model(###) ###-#### ***** got back in town and water was seeping into the dishwasher from a small hole inside the dishwasher itself. I have to hit the drain button ever so often so it doesn't keep filling up. I have closed the water valve to the dishwasher and pulled the power cord to it and it still has water seeping into it. Not sure where to begin troubleshooting at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.
The only place water can seep into the dishwasher would be the fill valve. You may have a bad fill valve, but if you water shut off is working correctly water could not enter the unit at all if you have it shut off. You can remove the front panel and disconnect the fill line to the valve and see if water is still coming out of the fill line, if so you have a bad fill valve and a bad shut off valve.