Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Jenn-Air range model JGS8850ADS that when using the

Customer Question

I have a Jenn-Air range model JGS8850ADS that when using the oven or broiler will start beeping and the code reads 'F-1A'.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This error F-1A means that your upper oven latch switch is failing. The heat from the broiler is affecting the switch on the door latch and normally that wouldn't matter, but when you have a switch on the latch beginning to fail, it will cause this problem. You'll need to replace the door latch to resolve this issue so below is a link to the latch you'll need to order for your unit.CLICK HERE for door latch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. I will order the part and hope it solves this problem
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and glad I could help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?