Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Can I adjust the icemaker output on my Samsung RF220NC. I would

Customer Question

Can I adjust the icemaker output on my Samsung RF220NC. I would like more ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, have you tried the power freeze setting? That's the only way to speed up the ice production on these units. Depending on the temp the ice maker should cycle every 2-4 hours. If it's not cycling every 2-4 hours the ice maker sensor could be faulty.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does cycle, but it does not make a lot of ice, I would expect it to fill the bin within a couple of days , but it only puts out maybe a dozen or so every day.
Yes, the bin should be full in two days. Check the coils on the back. Make sure the coils are clean and that the fan is running next to the compressor. If the temp is 0-15 inside the compartment, you need a new ice maker.
Thank you