Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a edgestarib65oss icemaker, it comes on but the bin

Customer Question

i have a edgestarib65oss icemaker, it comes on but the bin full light comes on about 4 minutes later and shuts it off. we replaced the bin full sensor and the control box, still the same problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The bin sensor works on resistance, when it gets cold (from the ice) the resistance changes and the control senses that change. So, since the sensor and the control box have been replaced, I suspect you have a connection issue between the sensor and the control. Was the sensor wiring replaced all the way to the control or just the sensor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the new sensor came with a new wire that plugged into the control box, all new, one piece, sensor has 2 eyes that look at each other, no connectiom issues at all . positive
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you test the sensor at the control box to see if it has continuity between the two wires? If it does, the issue has to be with the control box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new sensor, new control box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wiring from sensor made onto sensor, plugs into control box
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you test the sensor to see if it is closed circuit?