MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I replaced the motherboard on my ge front load washer, and

Customer Question

I replaced the motherboard on my ge front load washer, and it will run for one cycle. if we try to do a second load, it beeps at us, and I must pull the plug, then replug it in, and it will again run one cycle. I believe this is a test mode, and don't know how to program it out of this mode... wondered if you could help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The door latch is probably bad here as the contacts in it must open to signal the control that you opened the door when the cycle was done. Unplugging this replicates what the latch would do. Replace the latch. The latch has several sets of contacts, so it is not odd for this to work properly otherwise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door latch is a possibility, but when the tech came out the first time aafter we bought it, the problem was merely the programming issue mentioned above. I am hoping to try that first, as it does not involve buying parts. The latch was working fine, jntil the power surge that blew out the motherboard. I am assuming (correcrly or incorrectly) that putting in the new motherboard would put it back in the test mode?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
My answer is unchanged as to what needs to be tried. There is no fixing this by pushing some buttons or putting it in a test mode.