MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Ok, I changed tanks and used a Blue Rhino exchange tank. The

Customer Question

Ok, I changed tanks and used a Blue Rhino exchange tank. The barbeque would not heat up past 200 degrees. I swapped it with my tank that I just had refilled and it worked fine. I contacted Blue Rhino, and they suggested that I should not have opened the valve fully, and that I only open it 1 1/2 turns. I tried that and it did NOT resolve the problem. I then put my tank back in and now it won't get beyond 200 degrees.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
There is a safety valve in the tank. If your tank fitting is worn then it will not fully depress the valve so you get poor pressure and poor flame height. A 1/16" movement in that safety makes all the difference in the gas flow out of the tank being good or not. Get a new fitting and your bbq will work just fine.