Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Can you tell me how to light the pilot light on my kenmore

Customer Question

Can you tell me how to light the pilot light on my kenmore dryer model # ***** we flooded yesterday and my dryer doesn't work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. Your dryer does not have a pilot. It has electric ignition. It runs but does not heat? And the gas supply is turned on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to press the button and all u hear is a clucking noise and nothing else
If the bottom 10" of the dryer got wet the motor was likely damaged. It needs to dry out first and that will take a few days. Then the dryer needs to be taken apart and the support rollers and the idler pulley for the belt need to be cleaned and lubricated. The motor may need to be replaced. Are you insured for flood? Will your homeowners policy cover this?