Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Jenn-Air model JES9900BAB electric slide in downdraft range

Customer Question

My Jenn-Air model JES9900BAB electric slide in downdraft range oven door make loud "groaning" noises when opened, but only when the oven is heated. What's the fix? Thanks for your time, Brad.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like your door hinges are just beginning to fail. The heat from the oven is causing them to expand a bit and something is going on with them rubbing the wrong way. Below is a link to the hinges on your oven door and you'll probably just want to replace both of them unless you can isolate which hinge is making the noise and you want to take a chance on just replacing one. Below is a link to the hinges as I said before and it only comes as 1 for $35. CLICK HERE for hinge We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?