Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Tyler. I have an older Matag washer, Mod No: SAV3655AWW

Customer Question

Hi Tyler. I have an older Matag washer, Mod No: SAV3655AWW with the following issues: 1) Water does not drain on wash or rinse cycle, and did not restart. 2) Washer is presently in "deceased" mode. Is it cost effective to repair or should I start shopping?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is totally dead, you may just have a faulty lid switch, a very common issue with these machines. Do you hear the lid switch clicking when you open and close the lid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it works. Timer issue?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If it is totally dead, probably. If you move the timer shaft around (up, down and sideways) when on and the lid closed, does it start up at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it does not.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do you hear the timer ticking at all? Does it move when the lid is down even though it won't turn on?