The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

My Kitchenaid gas dryer is not drying the clothes as

Customer Question

Hello. My Kitchenaid gas dryer is not drying the clothes as well as it used to. I have to run the load 2 or 3 cycles and still they are not dry enough. The vent pipe is clean, and has good flow to the outside of the house. The vent pipe is warm to the touch, but I think I remember it being much hotter. Model KGHS02RMT. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
The first thing you need to confirm is that the gas is being ignited and staying on. It sounds like the gas may be coming on, but after it does the initial warm up and shuts off that is it. It isn't coming back on.
If this is the case you have bad coils on the gas valve. It isn't a difficult repair but you need to confirm that this is what is happening.
Let me know what you come up with.
Thank you.