Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Samsung dryer will not start looks like there is an hour glass

Customer Question

Samsung dryer will not start looks like there is an hour glass icon next to wrinkle free, also filter light flashes filter has been cleaned and replaced properly new circuit board has also been installed still will not start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, do you have a volt meter? Which board did you replace? What is the model number?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a meter. Not great at using it. I replaced the Assyrian pub sub. Part dc92-00384e when u flip down the top panel. Both pieces ar connected by a ribbon wire one is a smaller 4x4black plastic. The other is 4x7both screw to back of panel
I see. So you replaced the display board then. What is the model number from the sticker on the front?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dv350aew/xaa
Thank you. One of three things is going on. The belt is broken or off the pulley, the operating thermostat is open, or the main control is shorted.
Take the top off and make sure the belt is tight. There is a belt switch. When the belt breaks or comes off the motor pulley this can happen.
The operating thermostat is located on the blower wheel housing. It's a one time thermostat. It should have continuity. Take one wire off the thermostat and test for continuity. If the thermostat test good, the board is going to be the culprit. I suspect the main board is the issue but you need to rule out the other two to be sure. The operating thermostat is part number DC47-00016A the main board is part number DC92-00382A.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blower wheel housing. In back by the vent?
Ah, sorry. You will need to remove the control panel again and the screws that hold the front panel on. Open the door and remove the two below the lint filter housing. The front will come off. Now you can remove the 5 screws holding the bulkhead in place. Once that's off you can reach in take the belt off and remove the drum. Now you can see the blower wheel and the housing and all sides of it to make the test.
Thank you