Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do I remove the inside rear panel of the freezer

Customer Question

How do I remove the inside rear panel of the freezer compartment, of a Kenmore Elite # ***** French door Refrigerator? In order to access the Evaporator Coil, the freezer will not cool less than 40 degrees F. All circuit boards, and compressor have
been replaced, prior to my getting the unit. Owner was told the Evaporator Coil must have a leak. Their home owner policy replaced the refrigerator. I vacuumed the system down, it held vacuum for 2 hrs. I refiled system with recommended amount of 134. Are
there any other temperature controlling devices that need to be checked?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi,, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The rear panel has pressure tabs at the top. Warming the freezer will help to pull the panel out. Once the top tabs are released, the bottom will pull free once the panel is lifted up a bit. If the freezer will not get colder than 40* F, it is surely a sealed system issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send me your number, I would prefer to talk with you. It takes me forever to type.
Ben
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not available for phone support. I will place your question back to the list, perhaps another is available.