Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The connector to the drter heat element is burning the wire

Customer Question

the connector to the drter heat element is burning the wire in to.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The wire just burns up from a bad connection between the wire terminal and the element terminal. Over time the connections can get loose and stop making a good contact which causes that contact to heat up until it burns the wire. Cut the wire back and put a new terminal on the wire. Clean up the terminal on the heater itself by sanding it and then put some electrical contact grease on the terminal. Then you should be good to go again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have changed the connector 3 times. Did not clean the fitting or use electrical grease. Will that make the difference?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
yes that will make a difference, you need a god connection. If you can't create a good connection, you'd need to replace the element since the terminal has been charged and won't make a good connection anymore
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?