Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Im getting the SY CE error message on my fridge and Ive unplugged

Customer Question

Im getting the SY CE error message on my fridge and Ive unplugged and reset- nothing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Error SY CE means your refrigerator has a communication error between the display board and the main control board. Now if resetting the circuit breaker won't reset the issue, you have a bad control board. You can't test the boards to know which one has failed for certain, but from experience I can tell you that the main control board below the floor of the refrigerator is the one you typically want to replace first. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I test the main control breaker?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You can't as I said before, you can't test the different control boards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So what do I do now?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You need to get the model number and order the correct main control board for your refrigerator and replace it.