Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have duel oven and gas top. both ovens will come on and say

Customer Question

have duel oven and gas top. both ovens will come on and say that they are up to temp, but are less than half the themp shown
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board. Now since both ovens are acting the same way, my guess would be that your display relay board has failed because each oven has it's own oven sensor and it would be very strange to see both sensors fail in the exact same manner. So below is a link to the display relay board I think you'll need to order and replace. The part is about $360 I'm sorry to say and don't be confused by the part being made by Whirlpool. Whirlpool now owns Jenn Air. CLICK HERE for display relay board. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?