Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an Amana ARGS7650 gas range. Used the oven tonight

Customer Question

I have an Amana ARGS7650 gas range. Used the oven tonight and after we shut it off, the broiler unit continued to push out heat (even though we didnt use it).
We tried turning it on and off which did not resolve the problem (guess it isnt a computer!). Currently turned off breaker which solved the problem...but it is also the breaker that controls the washer/dryer! Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If turning the breaker off made it stop, the relay on the oven control welded shut. It would have stayed on when unplugged if the gas valve was stuck open. The oven control will need to be replaced. However, that control is no longer available. The range will need to be replaced or the control sent in for repair to the company at the URL below.
http://fixyourboard.com/
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!