Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Have a 5yo maytag MFD2561HES. Hasn't had a water filter installed

Customer Question

Have a 5yo maytag MFD2561HES. Hasn't had a water filter installed for a couple of years since I installed a whole house filter. But now we've just moved, I bought a homedepot HDX filter (supposed to be a UKF8001 clone)--- but when I try and install it, get dramatic leak/water spray. Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Ah yes, The ever popular uk water filter. I has had a lot of known problems as of late. Leaking, cracking and bad seals causing leaks inside and out of the ref. If you have already tried removing the filter and re installing and has not worked then either the filter is bad. That is the more common problem, or the filter housing itself. And since you have not changed the filter in a while since using the whole house filter, I would imagine the filter housing is like new. The issue is with the filter.
I would never recommend going cheap with water filters since they are very important part to water system. The HDX home depot brand is so cheap because it is made with really really cheap parts. And this filter has had a few known problems.
I would first start with a new maytag oem filter. And if that doesn't work, which i am sure it will, you will need to then replace the filter housing. The part link for the maytag filter is below. Just click on the link below to open and view and even order the filter. Please get back to me here if you have any questions and I will help you more.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/maytag-refrigerator-parts/67003591/0046/464/model-MFD2561HES/3048/0161000.html
if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to positively rate me with ok service or better rating below this chat now. And if you have more questions or concerns please get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.
Thanks and please let me know how you make out.