Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I cleaned our GE Rapid clean III oven and now the temperature

Customer Question

I cleaned our GE Rapid clean III oven and now the temperature will not turn on and I have a constant reading, "SE-0". How do I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, have you tried unplugging the unit or flipping the breaker off for several minutes? I've seen that fix this error code.
This code usually means the ERC is shorted. It could also mean the one time thermostat is tripped. On the back there is a small round device. It's a thermal switch. It could have opened during the clean cycle. You can test it the thermostat should have continuity.
If the thermostat test good, the control board is shorted.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you