Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Did you see my response to your suggestions (which

Customer Question

Hello...did you see my response to your suggestions (which were spot on, by the way)? My question now is: where is the water valve and is it accessible on a built-in refrigerator? THe water inlet is now free of ice (or so it seems) but not sure whats further upstream from the metal inlet tube...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, I did not? that's strange. It never popped up or I would have responded. The metal bar was not clipped in place right?
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The metal bar seemed to be OK after I removed ice from the metal and rubber tubes. There was a clip that looks like it holds the plastic tube in the plastic "bucket" that receives water for the ice maker trays. I removed that to take out the plastic tube but then replaced both items.
Perfect. Yes, that clip just holds the rubber part of the fill tube to the bucket. The fill tube is not very long. On the back there is a connection that comes from the water valve which is on the bottom. Take the toe kick off the bottom and you'll see the water valve and main water line. I believe right in the middle on this one.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you