Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a whirlpool gold side by side - it is not cooling on

Customer Question

We have a whirlpool gold side by side - it is not cooling on either side... the light is not coming on when the door is open... it is not making ice - but the water and ice lights are on!
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The only thing that can cause your problem is the main control board itself which is located on the back of the refrigerator down by the compressor. If you remove the lower back access panel and lock against the lower back right corner, there is a sheet metal box mounted to the side wall and inside is the control board. You'll need to order and replace this part to fix the issue so below is a link to the control board. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not finding it on right side... maybe the left? The inside lights were working - now they are not. The ice and water dispenser lights are working... is this because of the control board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is all because of the control board if it's all related. The control board should be in the far back right corner as you stand in the front of the refrigerator. But to access you need to pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back access panel and look against the right side wall (now left as you're at the back of the refrigerator) below the refrigerator for a sheet metal box with the control board inside.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are they easy to replace and would a local appliance center stock them
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not this board. The part is no longer made. The link I gave you is one of the only ones I see left.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope thank you!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK this question is still open then, you would need to rate me to actually close this question out and complete the conversation.