Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Hotpoint wlw 3600 washer timer goes to cycle, but cycle wont

Customer Question

hotpoint wlw 3600 washer timer goes to cycle, but cycle wont start, it just humms lightly?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, does the basket have water inside?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
It filled up and then started making the humming noise? Or did it make it through part of the cycle first?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes it through a cycle and then when it gets to next cycle it will just stop. And it happens intermittently
Thank you. That makes sense. Something is stuck in pump or the pump is failing. You will need to clean the pump out. If the pump is clear, it sounds like it's overheating and needs to be replaced.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks For your time. I will look into it.
You're most welcome. Happy to help. I suspect a pump issue. Either a floating restriction or a failing motor.
Thank you