John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Cannot start my kenmore precision wash, quiet guard standard.

Customer Question

cannot start my kenmore precision wash, quiet guard standard. I put normal wash on and then push start button but nothing happens. The door latch is closed and locked.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? The model should be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door. Also, if you turn the dishwasher completely off so there are no lights illuminated---press start and does the control panel illuminate or does it stay completely dead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I solved the problem myself...the latch was not closing completely because of dirt of dishwasher detergent residue....I cleaned it out and the machine started with no problem....Eric Rosenquist
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
ok good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I solved the problem myself in the interim. The door latch did not close completely due to accumulation of soap and debris. I cleaned it; the door closed completely and the washer works fine now....thanks for your time...Eric Rosenquist
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
ok have a nice day.