John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Thermador PRG364EDG/15 Stove - Is the spark ingnition switch

Customer Question

Thermador PRG364EDG/15 Stove - Is the spark ingnition switch and the spark ignition selector the same switch but different types. I ordered the ignition switch based on information I got from one of your technicians, but when took the part out of the stove it is completely different. It looks like they probably used two different types and my stove has the selector and not the switch...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I don't see a previous question that you asked in the history, so I'm not sure the information came from us. Can you explain what your problem is? What part number you ordered? What burner is having issues? Is it one of your XLO burners? etc...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've lost you... Are you still there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The stove would not heat up, but I could smell gas. I ordered part # ***** "spark ignition switch". When I got the part I took the stove apart and my stove does not have this part. Instead it has a "spark ignition selector" of which I found on line. It appears to do the same thing, selecting the function of the oven, but does not look anything like the "spark ignition switch"