Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I purchased a Kenmore range on March 24, 2015. It was installed

Customer Question

I purchased a Kenmore range on March 24, 2015. It was installed by a certified electrician and has been working fine until yesterday. The burners all work but the control panel is not lit up nor can I figure out how to light it up. Therefore, the conventional/convection ovens do not work and neither does the clock. What could be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, that's very odd. Do you have the complete model number from the sticker on the oven? The sticker is usually around the door jamb area or on the frame behind the lower drawer.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
790_94199310
If the burner work, then power at the back is good. You either have a loose connection on the control board or a shorted control board.
If you're handy, slide the oven forward and unplug it. Remove the back panel and check the connections on the small control behind the display. If the connections are tight, you will need to have part number###-##-####replaced. Since it's under a year old the repair would be covered.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not handy at all....can a repair person come check it ?
I understand. Just Answers does not offer in home service. I would have a local factory authorized repair center come out they will be able to fix it under the warranty for you.
Thank you