Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My microwave oven stopped working while I was reheating some

Customer Question

My microwave oven stopped working while I was reheating some food. There is no power to it; no buttons on the control work. The electrical outlet to which the microwave is plugged, does have power. It is a Model #WES1130DM2BB is is less than 4 years old. I have tried unplugging and replugging the unit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
If you're sure the microwave is getting power from your house, it sounds like your internal fuse has likely failed. You'll need to remove the entire outer shell and look behind the control panel area for a 1" cylinder fuse that looks like the part in the link below. You can get a new microwave fuse at any local RadioShack if you wanted. To remove the outer shell, unplug the microwave and remove all the screws around the border coming in from the back of the microwave. Remove any screws coming in from the right and left side and the outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off. Some of the screws may be a star shape bit with a pin in the center. To remove these screws you'll need a size T-20 torx safety bit screwdriver. CLICK HERE to see fuse We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?