Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model shx55m05uc, getting an E1 error message. Water is going

Customer Question

Model shx55m05uc, getting an E1 error message. Water is going in and draining but wash cycle won't trigger. Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So this error E1 means your dishwasher isn't heating which is due to the fact that your circulation pump isn't turning on. Now you could have a seized up circulation pump impeller or you could have a bad circulation pump itself. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to take the washer apart and remove the circulation pump. Try to rotate the impeller and if it turns with a lot of friction, replace the impeller. Otherwise if it turns freely then replace the entire circulation motor. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tyler,Thanks for your response. It was sitting in my junk box and just seeing it now. We'll give it a try tonight. Thanks!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and good luck. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.