Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kenmore elite HE 4 dryer will not start. The lines come

Customer Question

My Kenmore elite HE 4 dryer will not start. The lines come on and the timer starts but the drum never turns. I have checked the door switch and thermal fuses they are both good. There is a clicking on the control board switch sounds like a relay switching or trying to switch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So there are a few things that can cause this issue. The first thing to check is your fuse. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, you can remove the lower front panel by pulling down and forward. Unplug the dryer and look behind the lint filter enclosure to the left. There is a little 1" thin flat white plastic device attached to the top of the blower wheel housing. You will need to order and replace this fuse to correct your problems if the fuse doesn't have continuity.The other thing that can cause this issue is if the dryer thinks the belt is broken. So when you have the lower front panel off, do make sure the belt isn't laying on the ground broken. There is a switch next to the motor that is activated when the belt is taut. If by chance the belt is attached and the fuse happens to be good or when you replace it you still have an issue, you'll need to replace the main relay board mounted to the left side wall above the drum because it thinks that either the fuse is bad or the belt is broken. You can't test the control board, so if the fuse and the belt switch (mounted next to the motor under the tensioner pulley) are good---then you need to just replace the main control board due to process of elimination.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot that I had asked the question. After more research on Sunday I decided to go ahead and replace the board. I guess I should have cancelled my question. In either case the board did correct the issue.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I responded 4 minutes after you asked the question so I'm not sure what to say. Alright, well I'm glad it's all up and running again.