Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

2010 Dometic RML8555. Phoenix, 100 + degrees during day. would

Customer Question

2010 Dometic RML8555. Phoenix, 100 + degrees during day. would not cool below 60-70 during the day. Over night refrigerator cooled to 40 degrees as normal, 80 degrees outside temp at night. In morning, removed top panel, heat coming out BUT the fan was not operating. checked 5 amp fuse ok, the 20 amp fuse says reset on it and looks quite different, not sure if it is OK. I failed to check fan operation during the heat of the day, I am assuming it was not working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.
If the fan is not working the unit will not be able to transfer enough heat to the outside during the super hot days. The fan may be bad as a lot of them just burn out and that really is the only issue you are having that is causing that problem. When it was cooler at night enough heat was being transferred outside even with the fan not working.
All I ask is please rate my service
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a supplemental fan and it did not come on either. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. That is why I thought that possibly I had a power issue. Tell me about the refrig fuse that is But 3/4 inch square and says 20 amp auto reset. The 5 amp fuse visually appears good. Your thoughts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The inside temp is still 40 degrees but it is only 9 am so we have not reached the high heat yet. If it is the fan how in the heck do you get to it? It is about half way between the two openings.
There is a thermostat switch mounted on the condensing coil that turns the fans on and off that may be bad and not kicking them on, I doubt the fuse is bad as that would shut down the whole unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the thermostat SW located near the bottom opening? Or where?
Behind the unit look at this image
http://s23.photobucket.com/user/JBarca/media/Sunline%20Camper%20Upgrades/Dometic%20Fridge/recallwiring1.jpg.html