Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ok...my Samsung VRT washer model WF448AAP-Xaa has stopped

Customer Question

ok...my Samsung VRT washer model WF448AAP-Xaa has stopped agitating/spinning...fills up and then sits there buzzing, not turning the clothes over and over. I noticed a week or so ago when there was a heavy load in there that it was making a loud noise
spinning. It just died yesterday. My husband is handy and can fix it if he knows what to do.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The best way to go thru a diagnosis on this would be live on the phone as it is too time consuming to type out and explain all the required steps.
I am making you an offer for live help and if you accept it then you will get my number. If you decline then the question remains open.
I am not interested in solving this by typed replies to be 100% clear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that mean that I pay $37 plus the additional $25?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
That is correct as there is a premium for the live help. There is no obligation to accept as stated before.
I am a Samsung tech and my minimum house call charge is $85, so this service is still a bargain in my opinion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Talked with my husband and he is under the weather and not able to talk to you. He would just rather have a response and he will review it and work on it during the day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So now a new tech?...So I just wait then?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
I am a different tech. Can you spin the drum freely by hand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
OK you need to remove the rear panel and pull off the stator hub and inspect the main stator. CHeck the wiring to the stator for any breaks and check anything for rubbing or wear. If all looks good you likely have a bad main control board, which is very common to fail. Here is a link to the stator and one to the main control board.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/samsung-washer-parts/DC31-00097B/0026/401/model-WF448AAPXAA0000/1482/0153200.html
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/samsung-washer-parts/DC92-00133V/0026/401/model-WF448AAPXAA0000/1482/0153200.html
All I ask is please rate my service and you can come back for followup questions anytime for free. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband has taken ill and won't be able to do this til this afternoon or tomorrow. Will respond when we get this done. Thanks.
OK cool!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband removed the stator hub and it appeared to be in good condition. He replaced it and I got on the computer and started researching. I thought about it and realized that the machine may not spin with the water in it so he drained out the water and cleaned out the trap on the lower left front. After the water was out I started a quick cycle...it filled up and started to agitate. When it was time to drain it stopped. My assumption now is that it needs a new pump. Also, I am looking for a way to make sure that the line is not stopped up. Since I have gotten this far without your help and it is the pump, is my $37.00 gone or do I get it back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel that at this point my husband and I can make the repairs without further help. The information that you gave me was of no benefit to us. I would like to discontinue this service and get a refund of my money since that is your policy.