Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My refrigerator is ac/dc. The dc connection stopped working.

Customer Question

my refrigerator is ac/dc. The dc connection stopped working. How do I check and replace a fuse on a 96' 279 sundancer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The fuse is usually mounted directly on the electronic control. There may also be an issue with the electronic control itself. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume you mean the model # ***** the Norcold refrigerator. I bought it last August. The ac power works just fine which is why I thought it might be a fuse. Unfortunately, my boat is in a slip at Lake Powell witch is about 4 hours from where I live. The model # ***** the fridge is 14000830. The mfg# ***** ***** I checked with a Sea Ray dealer and he told me what to look for as far as fuses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not checked the fuse yet. I hope to run down there next Tuesday to figure this problem out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The breakdown of parts is shown at the URL below. Number 3 is the DC power supply.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bf0wiio6dny6kx5/PL%20DV0751%20632359%20121207.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From the diagram, it looks relatively easy to replace. If it is not the fuse, do you believe then it would probably be the dc power box?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I believe so.