MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My dryer used to turn on with a melody as soon as the Power

Customer Question

My dryer used to turn on with a melody as soon as the Power in pressed. Now, it does not have the melody when the Power is pressed. When I press Start button it does not turn the motor on and there is no revolution of the clothes.
It is a DLEX3250.
When I use Smart Diagnostic, there is no melody or beeping, so I am unable to diagnose it with the iphone App.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The only way to fix this is to replace the main board as that houses the speaker. It is nothing complex to do, but that is a relatively minor thing that does not affect how the dryer works, so spending the money on a board would be optional in my mind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The speaker is not the issue. Don't care if the speaker works or not. The dryer motor does not come on. This is the problem. Thanks
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
MY error here. You will need and know how to use a voltmeter to diagnose the issue. Post back if you are so equipped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I know And have a meter. Please advise
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Confirm that you have 120 and 240 volts or so being supplied to the dryer. Next make sure that the belt is intact.
Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. There is voltage and there is nothing wrong with the belt. All the lights come on.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Does the door switch turn the drum light on and off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
That control board has failed here. It will need to be replaced. I need the last letter of the model# ***** get you the part#.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last letter of the model number is ***** The full model number DLGX3251W.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
EBR76542918 runs about $150
I would be sure to check on ebay as sometimes you can find deals there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which one is the control board?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The board that has all the wires connected to it right behind the console area. This only has one control board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
stupid question. Sorry. I wonder whAt caused it to go bad? It's only 1'year old. Can I download new firmware to it?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
No way to tell what failed on it or why. There is no repair possible on it, only replacement