Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag dryer is not heating up. The igniter bulb lights

Customer Question

My Maytag dryer is not heating up. The igniter bulb lights up but the gas does not come out and fire up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you're on the right track checking the igniter and since you know the igniter glows you know that all the thermostats and fuses are working. What this means is that, your gas coils are just getting weak or your vent isn't venting properly. Of course, do make sure you're getting gas to the dryer from your house still and if that checks good pull the dryer forward and remove the back vent from the dryer. Start a cycle and see if air blows out the back of the dryer with a good force. If so and the burner still doesn't turn on, your solenoid coils will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. These are the 2 coils mounted just in front of the igniter. CLICK HERE for gas coils We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?