Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Is there a video to tell us how to re-install the ice maker

Customer Question

is there a video to tell us how to re-install the ice maker on our GE Profile refrigerator model # ***** 122MFMARWW? We had an appliance repair man come because our refrigerator was leaking. He said need new ice maker. He left and said he would order one. 1 mth later said they don't make ice makers for this fridge any more and now we can't get him to come back and put the icemaker back. My husband and I want ot put it back ourselves because tho the fridge is leaking at least we will have ice. I have figure out how to catch the leak in a plastic bag so I can live with the leak but cant live with no ice! Sorry to be so long,,,,just need a video on how to put the ice maker back. thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are two screws that secure the ice maker to the back of the freezer. The breakdown at the URL shows how it is attached.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/4/00111900/00111942.i06/680/900
There is a used ice maker available at the URL below.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-REFRIGERATOR-ICE-MAKER-PART-WR30X10001-/400884994998?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d569b93b6