Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Where should the evap thermistor be positioned? My problem

Customer Question

where should the evap thermistor be positioned?
My problem is that I'm getting thin ice. I recently replaced the water level sensor and the water recirc pump.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The evaporator thermistor should be mounted to the bottom of the chill plate. You can actually just unplug the evaporator thermistor and then the board will revert into a standard 30 minute cycle instead of trying to optimize the cycle reducing the time to 27 minutes in most cases. Either way, just leave the thermistor unplugged and remove it from the machine while trying to diagnose or just leave it off altogether as many customers request to avoid problems in the future. If the ice is still thin and the thermistor is unplugged, you need to try to clean the coils below the icemaker and if that doesn't fix anything, you'll need a technician out to check the sealed system.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?