Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Panasonic inverter microwave door will no release. Release

Customer Question

Panasonic inverter microwave door will no release. Release button does not work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
When the push to open door button gets completely loose with no resistance, it means that one of the plastic parts behind the button has broken. You'll need to unplug the microwave and uninstall the microwave if it's not already just sitting on your countertop. Remove all the screws coming in from the sides, around the border on the back of the microwave and any other screws going into the outer shell of the microwave because the entire outer shell will need to slide back about 1 inch and then it will pull up and off. Once you have removed the outer shell you can look in through the right side of the microwave to see which part broke. Then you can order the broken part with a full model number and replace it. Some of the screws with be star looking screws with a pin in the middle. To remove these screws you'll need a size T-20 torx bit SAFETY screwdriver bit. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?