John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I bought a whirlpool button refrigerator in 03/2014. I have

Customer Question

I bought a whirlpool button refrigerator in 03/2014. I have had it serviced for leaking water. The water leakage ruined the downstairs condo ceiling. What con I do? Who is responsible?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Where was the unit leaking from?And when did it start leaking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the bottom of freezer,. It started to leak in July 2014. I saw reviews about this model with the same problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will Whirlpool stick behind their appliance? And damage to the ceiling below?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
You will need to contact Whirlpool and ask them . If they will warranty the damage.What I will tell you is the unit is only warrantied for 1 year you are out of that one year by several months.When you called for the service call did you contact whirlpool for the service call on the issue?