Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag 2000 washer, showing Sd code repeatedly, as well as

Customer Question

maytag 2000 washer, showing Sd code repeatedly, as well as drain pump clog code, have cleaned drain repeatedly with no obstruction in hose or pump etc, also Sd code with little to no soap.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
When you get both a drain error and an Sd error, it means that your main CCU control board has actually failed on these Maytag washers. Unfortunately on this washer the pressure switch would SEEM to be the part you need to replace since it's the part that measures the water level. But on this unit when you're getting both errors, the real problem is your main CCU control board mounted to the right wall near the front under the top panel. You just need to order and replace the CCU to fix this issue because it's not reading the pressure switch properly. The part costs about $200 normally depending on the exact model number which is located on a sticker just inside your door way. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?