Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Samsung front load washing machine has been displaying

Customer Question

Our Samsung front load washing machine has been displaying a "suds" error. I tried rebooting the machine and even running the calibration cycle. The reboot did nothing and the machine gets stuck in "load sensing" mode when I try to run calibration cycle. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like your pressure switch has just failed and will need to be replaced. The pressure switch is the part that monitors the water level on the washer and it's not reading the water level correctly so it can't complete calibration since it thinks it's full of water all the time. Below is a link to the pressure switch you'll need to order and replace for your model. The part is located below the top panel of the washer and you can access is by pulling the washer forward, removing the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and then the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. The switch is just mounted above the tub and easily accessible once the panel has been removed. CLICK HERE for pressure switch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tyler,Sorry for the delayed response. The pressure switch did not fix the issue.
After I submitted my question to you, an error code "3E" came on the machine.
Do you have any advice on what we should do to fix this error. I have tried finding a technician in my area, but it it very hard to find anybody to work on a Samsung!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It didn't fix the washer from saying SUDS? Or it has a new error 3E. If you still get the error SUDS then you need a new main control board. If you're only getting the 3E error, 3E means that your motor is struggling. You'll want to open the door and spin the basket to make sure it spins without friction. If so, then you need to probably replace the sensor on the motor first and if that doesn't work, the stator motor itself would need to be replaced. The part number for the sensor you'd want to try first is DC31-00098A.