John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My whirlpool refrigerator is on but not cold enough, also freezer

Customer Question

my whirlpool refrigerator is on but not cold enough, also freezer not cold enough and stopped making ice
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So when the freezer gets above 10 degrees, the icemaker will stop working meaning your only problem is really that the unit is warming up. To determine what is wrong you'll need to start by pulling everything out of the freezer and removing the screws going into the lower back panel inside the freezer. Remove all the shelves and side rails so you can remove the lower back panel and look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel. Is the fan above the coils running? If so, look at the silver coils and are they packed with frost? Lightly frosted from top to bottom? Some frost on top but not on bottom? etc...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need to tackle this in the A.M. thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright well just reply back when you can.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?