Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore elite washer. I am getting the sud error message.

Customer Question

i have a Kenmore elite washer. I am getting the sud error message. I purchased a new pressure switch and blew the hose out and installed it. I keep getting the same thing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kenmore Elite HE5T
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So unfortunately on this washer the pressure switch would SEEM to be the part you need to replace since it's the part that measures the water level. But on this unit the real problem is your main CCU control board mounted to the right wall near the front under the top panel. You just need to order and replace the CCU to fix this issue because it's not reading the pressure switch properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well ok if you say so. That sounds real expensive. There is no kind of reset for that board or any other options
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Aye, it is expensive I'm sorry about that. Depending on the exact model number located on a sticker just inside the door way, the cost of the part is usually about $200 or so. But there is no reset or any other option to fix this issue. It's very common and expensive issue that these Whirlpool built Kenmore units get.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok then. 200 is much cheaper then the machine cost me. Ive have it for some 5 years now I guess with no problems what so ever but on the other hand I have an old one in my shop that is about 11 years old and still no problem.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Aye, it shouldn't fail in 5 years, but these units tend to last about that long usually before they get some form of failure. The only good news is that the part is relatively easy to swap out and it's all plug and play.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have seen what you are talking about when I replaced the pressure switch. Easy to replace but just another cost. I guess in this case buying a Kenmore didn't pay off for me. Maybe I will just throw it out and go back to a simple machine. Anyway thinks for your help
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem and I wish you the best. Just my opinion, but if you can fix the washer yourself I don't think replacing the washer is the better option.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know but now I have a bad taste in my mouth for Kenmore
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright well I can understand that.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?