MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a dryer 10.6703. two or three years old. it just started

Customer Question

I have a dryer 10.6703. two or three years old. it just started being on "high" heat regardless of the heat setting.. any ideas? any reset etc?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Something has failed and I need the FULL model# ***** begin any type of diagnosis with you. So, if you are simply looking to solve this by pushing some buttons then I cannot help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number 110. 67032601. Even on "air dry" the clothes are being cooked. Just started acting up today. Air flow is good, drum is rotating. All temp settings give us "high" heat.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The control board in the console area needs to be replaced as the heater relay has welded closed and is keeping the heater on instead of cycling it on and off. Part# ***** Look on ebay for one at a decent price; rebuilt ones are good and way cheaper than new.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Is this a common fault?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Yes.