Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Maytag Clothes washer Model LAT9804AAAE, Serial #

Customer Question

We have a Maytag Clothes washer Model LAT9804AAAE, Serial # ***** My wife runs extra large loads every time. The washer has just started leaking at the front right and left corners. Is this perhaps a seal that has gone bad? Is this a fixable issue I could work on at home? What would you recommend?
Thanks in advance for your immediate reply.
Dick, Ph(###) ###-####
Email:***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There are a number of things that can leak but the only way to know what is leaking is to remove the front panel and look. Just remove the 2 screws below the crease on the bottom of the front panel. Then the front panel will hinge forward and up and you can remove the front panel. Now just watch. If you see water coming from the center seal at the bottom of the tub, it's time to get a new washer. Otherwise, you should see it leaking from one of the hose which you can just replace.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?