Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a client buying a home with a JennAir gas cooktop. 4

Customer Question

I have a client buying a home with a JennAir gas cooktop. 4 burner with updraft Probably about 7-8 years old. One of the knobs is melted and one of the front burners just sparks and doesn't ignite. Apparently according to the inspector the three other burners spark and light inside and this burner that does not work the spark is on the outside. Thanks in advance for your help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So the knob is not a big deal. You can just order a new one for about $15 in the link below. CLICK HERE for knob As for the burner that won't light, you know it's getting gas and you know it's getting spark so the spark module is working and everything on the gas side is working. Since it's not sparking in the correct location, try to sand the tip of the spark tip with some fine same paper to make the spark tip shine again. Try the cooktop again and if the burner still won't work, the spark tip itself would need to be replaced because it's not sparking out in the correct location.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?