Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Maytag "apartment sized" washing machine Model MAH2400AWW.

Customer Question

I have a Maytag "apartment sized" washing machine Model MAH2400AWW. It stops draining and the LED display says "suds" meaning blockage. I have taken the hoses off, and taken the pump apart, but find nothing. What could be the trouble?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, this is a common issue on these units. The drain pump is bad. It's either overheating or the impeller is chewed up. I woulds suspect an overheating issue since it's way more common.
You can get the pump from any local appliance parts house or sears parts. If the lines are clear, the pump is going to be the culprit for sure. I've seen floating restrictions. Things like guitar picks stuck inside the hose. So double check the hose from the bottom of tub to the pump and from the pump to the stand pipe in the back.
The pump you need is in the link below.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-assy-pump-drain-34001098-ap4044627.html
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you