John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an older GE gas oven. Neighborhood had two power outages

Customer Question

I have an older GE gas oven. Neighborhood had two power outages with in a couple a couple of minutes...now my oven door is locked and the gas will not come on. I've tried shutting off the power to it...did not work. Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, something is not right with the model number. Would you please double check it from the sticker on the oven?
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is an older model GE wall self cleaning oven...the model # ***** ***** serial # ***** with AD4 and the rest of the number is ***** off. I've checked the model # ***** and that is the correct model #.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This model # ***** ***** the side of the broiler drawer. The oven door is locked...it won't open...no way to check the side of the oven to see if the model # ***** ***** also.